About

I'm passionate about finding and sharing ideas that feed creativity and inspiration in this weary world. Because we're so surrounded with illusion and lies, I hope this blog will help others in their quest to get a bit closer to the truth. I'd also like to say that opinions expressed in this blog are not necessarily mine or those featured here. Oh, and if you choose to use any images/words from this site, kindly obtain permission from all relevant parties and add the necessary links and references.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Freeganism Movement

"Freegans are people who employ alternative strategies for living based on limited participation in the conventional economy and minimal consumption of resources." I just found out about this movement last week and I think it's great. The amount of food they were able to forage for was astounding. The stores that dispose of the food can't give it away because of health concerns, but the freegans manage to survive off it for the most part. I love the idea of not creating more waste. Their website has plenty of information on various groups around the world.

2 musings:

What an inspiring blog you have, full of great information. I love the title; it just makes me smile.

Usta call them dumpster divers; yes, there is much to be gleaned from our wasteful society.
When I was little, we used to find bottles and turn them in for cash. The big ones were worth a whole 5 cents!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More