About

I'm passionate about finding and sharing ideas that feed creativity and inspiration in this weary world. Because we're so surrounded with illusion and lies, I hope this blog will help others in their quest to get a bit closer to the truth. I'd also like to say that opinions expressed in this blog are not necessarily mine or those featured here. Oh, and if you choose to use any images/words from this site, kindly obtain permission from all relevant parties and add the necessary links and references.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Interview: Fear and Loathing - The Gonzo Papers

Here's the interview I did with Kilroy_60 that I referred to in the last post. His blog The Gonzo Papers embodies the spirit of Hunter S. Thompson whose unflinchingly honest writings inspired the term gonzo journalism. I just had to interview anyone who says what they think. (graphic courtesy of The Gonzo Papers)

What dreams did/do you have for your life and how do you go about accomplishing them?
What? Have as much fun as will possibly fit in to one life; do meaningful work; make a difference.

How? Show the people who are important they are loved; give more than I receive; go balls to the wall.


What do you find is/are the most important navigation tool(s) for living life?

Passion, curiosity, inspiration, determination, the ability to communicate well and an unending appetite for pleasure.


You strike me as a person who is not inclined to suffer fools. Were you always an outspoken person and if not, what caused you to become so?
Yes, I was always outspoken.


I've heard various explanations of the origins of Kilroy. What's your take and why do you use this alias?
Kilroy_60 is Raoul Duke.


How is it that you came to be influenced by Hunter S. Thompson?
http://kilroythegonzopapers.blogspot.com/2005/11/path-you-seek-leads-to-woody-creek.html


In my search for all things HST, I've come across writings/videos that portray him in a negative light. What book/movie would you recommend for those who want as accurate a reflection as possible of Hunter S. Thompson?

The books I would recommend are Fear and Loathing In America - The Brutal Odyssey of an Outlaw Journalist 1968-1976
and The Joke's Over by Ralph Steadman.

What brings you comfort and joy?
TheSpecialOne.

1 musings:

Hunter's wife has a blog: http://www.Owlfarmblog.com
I believe that she has written a book (who hasn't?)

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More