About

I'm passionate about finding and sharing ideas that feed creativity and inspiration in this weary world. Because we're so surrounded with illusion and lies, I hope this blog will help others in their quest to get a bit closer to the truth. I'd also like to say that opinions expressed in this blog are not necessarily mine or those featured here. Oh, and if you choose to use any images/words from this site, kindly obtain permission from all relevant parties and add the necessary links and references.

Friday, February 8, 2008

African American Lives 2

I looove this series. Incredibly well done, detailed and interesting. Unfortunately, it can also be depressing when hearing about the hardships suffered by people during slavery, but I choose to look at the glass half full instead and focus on the ever enduring nature of the human spirit. Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll get to interview Henry Louis Gates Jr.! Although it usually airs on Wednesdays, the second show of the second series will be on again Saturday (check your local listings) on PBS. I think there are only three this time around. Some of the individuals include: Maya Angelou, Don Cheadle, Morgan Freeman and Tina Turner. If you want an accurate depiction of what slavery was like without reading a slave narrative (which I highly suggest), check out this series.

1 musings:

This series rings a bell with me--I've seen it recomended somewhere but cannot remember where??
I plan to keep an eye out for your efforts.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More